Woodlands Carbon provides forest carbon offsets from certified* family-owned woodlands in the Pacific Northwest. These offsets are backed by the landowner’s commitment to long-term sustainable management practices and validated through a third-party verification firm.
Our family woodland owners agree to:
- Set clear management objectives.
- Survey forest condition and health.
- Inventory soil and water resources.
- Manage pest & invasive species.
- Protect threatened and endangered species.
In return, the price of offsets helps pay the cost of management of our participating woodlands – and all the ecological benefits that derive from a healthy forest. Buying carbon offsets through Woodlands Carbon does more than offset your carbon footprint. It supports family-owned working forests, ensuring they remain forestland.
* Certified through the American Tree Farm System